E-commerce in Belgium

This is e-commerce data for Belgium. You can find the poulation, internet users, internet penetration here as well as the localised domain extension, official language and other statistics to help build an overall picture of the general online economics of Belgium.

Belgium has a relatively small population, but is still a good string to any online sellers bow of countries that they are selling in. It can also be integrated with the expansion plans of other countries. As 60% of the population speaks Dutch and the other 40% speak French, Belgium can be a bonus to anybody getting their listings or descriptions translated in to these languages.

Approximately 85% of payments get made through the payment gateway “Ogone”.

Belgians were quite late to enter the e-commerce market as sellers. This means that a lot of Belgian buyers tend to purchase goods from international sellers.

For a list of references of all the data on Belgium please visit the Global Statisitics page.

E-Commerce Statistics

Field Value
Average Population Age 43.1
GDP $534,230
GDP Per Capita $42,725
Domain Extension .be
Household Expenditure $19,301
GDP Per Capita USD $42,725
Household Expenditure USD $19,301
Internet Penetration 84.72%
Internet Users 9,441,116
Most Popular Search Engine Google
Most Popular Market Place Amazon (fr), Kapaza, Ebay
Offical Languages Dutch (Flemish) 60%, French 40%
Other Languages German less than 1%
Population 11,144,420
Standard Sales Tax 21.00%